cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Deployment Creo 8

AH_8269887
4-Participant

Deployment Creo 8

Hello,

When deploying Creo 8 (school edition) is there a way to deploy it with the license already generated\activated? looked at the licensing server option but the 'student' license code doesn't look to be valid when deployed this way.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4

@AH_8269887 wrote:

Hello,

When deploying Creo 8 (school edition) is there a way to deploy it with the license already generated\activated? looked at the licensing server option but the 'student' license code doesn't look to be valid when deployed this way.

Many thanks

Hi,

Student license is generated as locked one. Its code is saved in text file. When you install Creo, you enter path to license file.

Note: FLEXnet installation is not used when locked license is available.

Martin Hanák

Thank you,

I don't think the silent install will allow you to generate this file on deployment as you need to login with email\password. If I copy the XML file as per instructions from a test deployment, this file won't be generated yet, or be tied to the hardware of another machine so far as I can tell. Not sure how to get around this besides deploying without a license, and then going in and re-configuring each install to generate a license file.

@AH_8269887 wrote:

Thank you,

I don't think the silent install will allow you to generate this file on deployment as you need to login with email\password. If I copy the XML file as per instructions from a test deployment, this file won't be generated yet, or be tied to the hardware of another machine so far as I can tell. Not sure how to get around this besides deploying without a license, and then going in and re-configuring each install to generate a license file.

Hi,

I think Student license intended for individual installations on personal computers of students ... not for mass deployment.

Martin Hanák
AH_8269887
4-Participant
(To:AH_8269887)

Thank you,

Is there a free-license that will allow for a site install in an education environment? 

Top Tags