cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

EFX Profile Errors

ptc-5385912
1-Newbie

EFX Profile Errors

Saw this fancy video on the youtubes.....

It's one of the main reasons I'm considering switching all of our design from SW to Creo 2 since we still use a spaceframe chassis.

The problem I'm having is when I go to insert profiles, I get an error saying that the profiles that included with the software were created with a commercial version of the software. So it makes sense that the profiles won't load since EFX uses profile information stored in a part file. I have no problem with that...I can make my own profiles and have done so many many times in SW- I just don't know how to create my own profile in EFX since the custom profile folder is off-limits to me, and there don't seem to be any tutorials on the subject after searching for some time now.

Thanks for any help!

Trent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-5385912)

Hi Trent,

While this isn't an answer ot your question, as a member of an SAE team you qualify for the Academic Edition of Creo 2.0 free of charge. The below link has information on registering your team.

http://www.ptc.com/communities/academic-program/college-and-university/students/competitions-and-sponsorships

Once you have the academic edition of Creo 2.0 you should be able to use all of the EFX profiles without issue!

Let me know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-5385912)

Hi Trent,

While this isn't an answer ot your question, as a member of an SAE team you qualify for the Academic Edition of Creo 2.0 free of charge. The below link has information on registering your team.

http://www.ptc.com/communities/academic-program/college-and-university/students/competitions-and-sponsorships

Once you have the academic edition of Creo 2.0 you should be able to use all of the EFX profiles without issue!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Top Tags