cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

FIRST Lego League Teams

CeliaLee
1-Newbie

FIRST Lego League Teams

Just wondering who else out there is coaching/mentoring or involved in FLL. I have a rookie team of 4th graders this year. We opted out of participating in a qualifying tournament, but we went to a fun tournament a couple of weeks ago. We'll be spectating at official tournaments in the next couple of weeks.

team with hats.jpg

with their team hats.

robo-brooks-abot.jpg

robot action shot

4 REPLIES 4
JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:CeliaLee)

Love the hats! It's awesome to see how PTC is involved in FIRST at all levels!

Late response; just getting into PlanetPTC (and PTC).

I too do FLL, and FTC.

Peter

I am part of an FTC team, but I hope that your team members do not lose their passion for math, science, and engineering. FLL is all autonomous, while FTC has elements of autonomous and drive control of the robot. Each year the challenge of all First robotics programs change and become ever more difficult. Beginning at the FLL level and continuing on to either FTC or FRC will definitely give students an advantage. Members will already have a working knowledge of how events are organized and how to use the LEGOs and Tetrix available to create the robot. Good luck to your next year participation in FLL.

IMG_3960.JPG

I co-coached a rookie team of 4th and 5th graders this year. We chose to participate in the qualifier and it was an amazing experience. It is much more involved that just the robotics piece of the challenge. The kids did amazingly well and we were proud of them. Looking forward to next year!

Top Tags