cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to Set the Mouse Navigation Mode in Creo Student Edition

CK_3131946
3-Visitor

How to Set the Mouse Navigation Mode in Creo Student Edition

Help please. I am trying to change the zoom/pan/scroll settings in Creo Student Edition. Apparently in another version of this software, someone can go to Options - General - Navigation - Navigation Model - Catia V5.

In the Student version of Creo, there is no "General" once I open Options...

Where is this setting?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

What you need to do exactly regarding navigation?, So that I can guide you.

I would like to change the mouse settings to match that of Catia V5:

Example: Pan currently is SHIFT+Middle click.... What if I wanted it to be CONTROL+Middle Click

Example: Middle clicking on the part should move the center of rotation to whereever I middle click

Example: Zoom In and Out is currently scroll wheel....On Catia it is Middle Click+Right mouse Click, drag

In my original post, it is the "instructions" for changing these default Creo settings to the Catia Settings, but I do not have the ability to follow them because the General Options link is not there for me, I am using the student version, maybe that has something to do with it.

Thanks! 

I'm having the same issue. I need to reverse the mouse wheel direction, but there's no option to do so in the settings. I'm using Creo 8.0 student version too.

@AC_10294473 wrote:

I'm having the same issue. I need to reverse the mouse wheel direction, but there's no option to do so in the settings. I'm using Creo 8.0 student version too.

Hi,

to reverse mouse wheel direction, add following option into config.pro file.

USE_INVERTED_MOUSEWHEEL_ZOOM  YES

Martin Hanák

@CK_3131946 wrote:

Help please. I am trying to change the zoom/pan/scroll settings in Creo Student Edition. Apparently in another version of this software, someone can go to Options - General - Navigation - Navigation Model - Catia V5.

In the Student version of Creo, there is no "General" once I open Options...

Where is this setting?

Thanks!

Hi,

AFAIK you can set Catia V5 navigation in Creo View, only. In Creo Parametric this functionality is not implemented.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags