cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to edit a component of an assembly without leaving the assembly?

ptc-3768207
1-Newbie

How to edit a component of an assembly without leaving the assembly?

How can I edit a part of an assembly without leaving the assembly im working on? I was able to this with Pro/E but Im not having the same luck in Creo..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OOk the features are turned off in the assembly

to turn them on :-

lclick on th icon in the model tree with the hammer

Lclick on the tree filters...

LClick on Features

lclick apply

lclick OK

now when you click on the drop down menu next to your part all the features should be visible.

good luck

Phil

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

In the assembly model tree, right click on the part you want to edit and, from the floating menu, select Activate. A green diamond appears next to the part to show it is active. When done editing the part, activate the top level assembly.

Ok I was able to activate the part i want to edit, but I can't see the part model tree to edit for example a curve or the depth of an extrusion. Is there a way?

Hi can you see any of the features ( extrudes etc) in the model tree?

No, the only thing that I can see when I activate a component ( as suggested by Timothy ) is a green diamond indicating the part is active to edit. The screen changes with all the options of extrude, sweep, etc.. but I cant see the model tree of the specific component i want to edit and for that reason I cant edit the part. Here is a screen shotscreenshot1.PNG

OOk the features are turned off in the assembly

to turn them on :-

lclick on th icon in the model tree with the hammer

Lclick on the tree filters...

LClick on Features

lclick apply

lclick OK

now when you click on the drop down menu next to your part all the features should be visible.

good luck

Phil

Excellent!! Thanks a lot this was giving me a hard time. Thanks Timothy & Phil!

Top Tags