cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Im installing creo 3 student edition

msethosa
1-Newbie

Im installing creo 3 student edition

Simple License Entry is greyed out and wont allow me to input the license. please assist

license.PNG

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

please read Creo 3.0 student edition license expired, Product code Re-Licensing doesn't work

K-12 students can use Product code BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12

University students can use Product code BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL

MH

Martin Hanák

I tried that as well still nothing happens

Hi,

please describe exactly what did you try. Add additional screenshots reporting error messages.

Are you logged as Administrator ?

Do you have Internet Access ?

Do you have PTC account created ?

Where did you get installation media ?

What is the size of installation media ?

What setup*.exe files are present on installation media ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Yes i am the administrator, Yes i have internet and a PTC account, I downloaded it from the link provided in the PTC download pdf Assistance sheet.

The first thing is the size of the media.

Capture.PNG

then the setup

setup.PNG

i select that and then the task list appears

task.PNG

i select install new software after that the license agreement appears

license agreement.PNG

i accept that and the the license identification window appears

license identification.PNG

this window has the simple license entry greyed out and inaccessible, so i tryed the method that you described and had no parametric folder in my program files inside the PTC folder, the only folder i have inside my bin is this pim and the reconfigure asks if i should allow it to make changes to my pc then nothing after  i agree.

instructions.PNG

Hi,

go to C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory ... if it exists you can probably find license file in it ... the existence of license file can be the cause of your problems...

• make a backup copy of the file into different directory
  • open license file in notepad, check license version (34.0) and expiration date
  • if you do not understand contents of license file, please attach screenshot of notepad window

If license file is valid then you can enter path to it into Source field (see your last picture from installation manager).

Path can be for example C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat

If license file is NOT valid then I guess it is necessarry to remove license file from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory (maybe remove whole C:\ProgramData\PTC directory,  I am not sure) and run setup once again. If you are K12 student then you can run setup-schools.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

before you start new installation, please uninstall all PTC items and remove PTC subdirectory in C:\Program Files directory

MH

Martin Hanák

Good Day Martin

I uninstalled everything, rebooted my system and re-downloaded the item and installed it with the license you suggested, it works fine now thank you very much.

Kind Regards

Top Tags