cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Layers in Creo Parametric

dholt
1-Newbie

Layers in Creo Parametric

When I go to the layers window, there's already a whole bunch of layers there. So many that finding layers I've created is somewhat tedious - which seems to defeat the purpose of having layers...

... at least as far as I understand them. I haven't seen any filter options that help.

I've been looking for more info/tutorials but no luck.

Am I missing something or that's just the way it is?

Thanks,

Dan Holt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:dholt)

As the first source of information, I would suggest opening the Creo Help Center and navigating to Creo Parametric > Fundamentals > Working with the Model > Layers. This will give you all the details on the capabilities and features of Creo layers.

Second place to go is the PTC Learning Exchange. There is a great overview video titled "Utilizing Layers in Part Models".

If time permits, I will try to provide a quick demonstration of Creo Layers in tonight's ROBOTalk session.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:dholt)

As the first source of information, I would suggest opening the Creo Help Center and navigating to Creo Parametric > Fundamentals > Working with the Model > Layers. This will give you all the details on the capabilities and features of Creo layers.

Second place to go is the PTC Learning Exchange. There is a great overview video titled "Utilizing Layers in Part Models".

If time permits, I will try to provide a quick demonstration of Creo Layers in tonight's ROBOTalk session.

dholt
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Thanks, Scott. The video was most helpful. If they're targeted towards datums, features, etc. I see why there are so many out-of-the-box.

Top Tags