cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Layers in Creo Parametric

dholt
1-Newbie

Layers in Creo Parametric

When I go to the layers window, there's already a whole bunch of layers there. So many that finding layers I've created is somewhat tedious - which seems to defeat the purpose of having layers...

... at least as far as I understand them. I haven't seen any filter options that help.

I've been looking for more info/tutorials but no luck.

Am I missing something or that's just the way it is?

Thanks,

Dan Holt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:dholt)

As the first source of information, I would suggest opening the Creo Help Center and navigating to Creo Parametric > Fundamentals > Working with the Model > Layers. This will give you all the details on the capabilities and features of Creo layers.

Second place to go is the PTC Learning Exchange. There is a great overview video titled "Utilizing Layers in Part Models".

If time permits, I will try to provide a quick demonstration of Creo Layers in tonight's ROBOTalk session.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:dholt)

As the first source of information, I would suggest opening the Creo Help Center and navigating to Creo Parametric > Fundamentals > Working with the Model > Layers. This will give you all the details on the capabilities and features of Creo layers.

Second place to go is the PTC Learning Exchange. There is a great overview video titled "Utilizing Layers in Part Models".

If time permits, I will try to provide a quick demonstration of Creo Layers in tonight's ROBOTalk session.

dholt
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Thanks, Scott. The video was most helpful. If they're targeted towards datums, features, etc. I see why there are so many out-of-the-box.

Top Tags