cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

License request failed for feture

RCJ
2-Guest
2-Guest

License request failed for feture

I have been running CREO 3.0 without any problems until my school decided to upgrade to CREO 4.0. Each time I do my work at school, I had a hard time trying to do the homework assignment on my own computer. So, I decided to install CREO 4.0 student version. I followed the instruction, but each time I attempt to run it the below warning message comes up. On C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing the BE41078EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat is in the folder but it still not allowed to start the program. Can anyone help??? Thank you.

License Request Failed.png

3 REPLIES 3
b22392
2-Guest
(To:RCJ)

I'm having the same issue.... The other applications work, just not parametric 😞 

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

on your picture I can see BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat file name. In text you mentioned BE41078EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat.

File name mentioned on picture is used in Parametric\bin\parametric.psf file in Creo installation. Open the file and correct its contents.

Martin Hanák
b22392
2-Guest

Ok, I got it. On your desktop: Program Files > PTC > Creo 4.0 > M030 > Parametric > bin

Then open the "reconfigure" shortcut. It'll take you to what looks like the install window. Hit next, deselect all licenses EXCEPT the BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12 (if there are two like in my pic, you only need one). Then hit next again and it will reinstall creo parametric and fix the issue. step 1.JPGstep 2.JPGstep 3.JPG

Top Tags