cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Measuring the distance between two points along the x-axis of a curve without using SKETCH

JJ_10935554
5-Regular Member

Measuring the distance between two points along the x-axis of a curve without using SKETCH

Dear experts,

Is there any way to directly use the "MEASURE" tool to calculate the distance between two points along the x-axis of a curve I drew? [i.e., without first defining two DATUM POINTS, nor first using SKETCH and draw a line between them].

Long story: I use DATUM -> curve from equation to draw "y=sin(108*x)" in the front plane, with the range being defined as "from 0 to 10". I now want to make sure the distance between the beginning of the curve and the end of the curve, along the x-axis, is 10. Therefore, I then go to the "measure" tool -> distance, choose "FRONT" plane in the projection picker, and on "add items" choose the x=0 point, and then while pressing CTRL, choose x=10. The problem is that it doesn't work! It might be that the grid CREO forms doesn't include the x=10 point, but it is really weird that in order to calculate the distance between two points along the x-axis, I have to use "SKETCH", or artificially draw additional two DATUM points.
Will be happy to hear your opinion.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@JJ_10935554 wrote:

Thank you! It works! How would you create a similar dimension bar for the vertical amplitude? (i.e., a dimension bar showing "1" for the distance between (0,0) and (0,1)? since there is no pre-specified point in (0,1), I guess that using "sketch" is my only option? see attached) 

Hi,

I do not understand your picture. Maybe attached video will help.

Note: I am not sure whether student license enables you to create analysis feature.

Also you can create Sketch feature and show its annotations.

MartinHanak_1-1706470322067.png

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I do not know why Creo does not enable you to measure the distance between curve endpoints.

Suggestion: Activate Annotate tab, click Dimension button and create linear dimension.

MartinHanak_0-1706438865401.png

Martin Hanák
JJ_10935554
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you! It works! How would you create a similar dimension bar for the vertical amplitude? (i.e., a dimension bar showing "1" for the distance between (0,0) and (0,1)? since there is no pre-specified point in (0,1), I guess that using "sketch" is my only option? see attached) 

@JJ_10935554 wrote:

Hi,

I do not understand your picture. Maybe attached video will help.

Note: I am not sure whether student license enables you to create analysis feature.

Also you can create Sketch feature and show its annotations.

MartinHanak_1-1706470322067.png

Martin Hanák
Top Tags