cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Moving parts after Placement

mhall-2
1-Newbie

Moving parts after Placement

I created a GearAssembly.  It consists of a hub and an 80 tooth gear.  Made a motor assembly and put the gear assembly on the shaft of the motor.  I need to move the gears down the shaft toward the motor.  I am wondering how I do this?  When I put my motor in the assembly with the wheels and C-Channel part, the gear on the motor is in the wheels.  I need to slide it down the motor shaft to match with the gears on the wheels.

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:mhall-2)

This should be a simple adjustment of the sub-assembly containing the gear. However, the change could impact other assemblies if is it used in them. To make the change, just open the sub-assembly containing the gear and edit the definition of the gear component. This will let you add an offset along the shaft length if it does not exist already.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:mhall-2)

This should be a simple adjustment of the sub-assembly containing the gear. However, the change could impact other assemblies if is it used in them. To make the change, just open the sub-assembly containing the gear and edit the definition of the gear component. This will let you add an offset along the shaft length if it does not exist already.

Top Tags