cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

PTC Academic Program: Session Two, SAE Team Webinar

StacieKaufman
5-Regular Member

PTC Academic Program: Session Two, SAE Team Webinar

In this session, PTC's Lee Goodwin will take you and your team through some tips and tricks specifically for SAE teams. You'll see examples on creating your chassis quicker and easier, how to CNC manufacture your parts, getting the most out of your analysis, editing models from other CAD tools and more! For free sponsorship and software, visit www.ptc.com/go/sae and for questions, contact www.ptc.com/go/academic-support.

4 REPLIES 4

I hadn't played with the framework extension before.  I enabled afx in the config file, but when I launch I get EFX failed to load.   Does this need to be selected on the install?

Kate,

It should be noted that the Framework Extension only works with an Academic edition, it will not work with the Student edition of Creo. Besides that limitation, this is not a product that we see being used for FIRST teams (it is best used for designs such as the welded frame of an Formula SAE car).

If you have an Academic edition of Creo and would like to use the Framework Extension, you can use this install guide.

I teach at RIT.  I have had several students ask about this functionality.  I didn't know it existed, and wanted to know more about it.

I'm working on our university license.

You may be surprised by the complexity of some of the FIRST teams welded frames.

I am working with framework extension and I need some help e getting a custom tube size. Does anyone know of a good tutorial on how to add different pipe sizes. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Top Tags