cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Pro/E Schools Ed, in disk images? (ghost/WDS)

DaleMahalko
1-Newbie

Pro/E Schools Ed, in disk images? (ghost/WDS)

I use disk imaging to make maintenance of our computer labs easier. I have one image for the business education lab, one image for the elementary computer lab, one image for the industrial arts lab, and so forth.

How do I go about including Pro/E schools edition in these images? I see something about the license being "locked to the MAC address", though I haven't gone deep into testing this yet.

Is it the tiny license file that is all that really matters between the machines? If so, then I can store backups of the license files on the network and drop them into place on each machine after the imaging is finished.

Probably could write up an automatic AutoIT post-imaging script to handle this....

$LAN_MAC = GetHardwareMAC("Local Area Connection")

IF $LAN_MAC = "11:22:33:44:55:66" THEN

COPY "\\Server\share\imaging\ProE-Licensing\112233445566\*.* C:\ProE-License\."

END IF

IF $LAN_MAC = "11:22:33:44:55:77" THEN

COPY "\\Server\share\imaging\ProE-Licensing\112233445577\*.* C:\ProE-License\."

END IF

IF $LAN_MAC = "11:22:33:44:55:88" THEN

COPY "\\Server\share\imaging\ProE-Licensing\112233445588\*.* C:\ProE-License\."

END IF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dale,

A standalone license is locked to the Host ID of the computer. You will have a floating license that is locked to your license server computer's Host ID. You can then install Creo onto a client computer that points to the license server. You can then image the client computer as all clients will point to that license server.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Adam.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Dale,

A standalone license is locked to the Host ID of the computer. You will have a floating license that is locked to your license server computer's Host ID. You can then install Creo onto a client computer that points to the license server. You can then image the client computer as all clients will point to that license server.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Adam.

Top Tags