cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Pro Engineering for Schools

OwenGroombridge
1-Newbie

Pro Engineering for Schools

Hello, I've just completed a offline installation of wildfire 4.0 for schools on an un-networked stand alone machine, only to find it failing to Run. The machine is running XP, using a 2.8GHz Pentium 4, over-clocked to 3.36GHz with 1 GB of RAM, and an ATI Hercules 3D Prophet 9800XT graphics card with an on board cache of 256MB. I procured the MAC address using MACGET in the command prompt. It wasn't avalable to view during POST set-up and not using ipconfig /all. I followed the offline installation instructions, using the supplied DAT file, allowing the software to be installed on an Applications-Drive, independent of the Platform (XP) Drive, although the required short cuts are present. Currently I also have ProDesktop 8 installed. This still Runs, and have a BAT file which was provided to me in case of it not doing so. Please can you help me out. Cheers, Owen. Ammendment: I've done a bit of reading and it seems that Windows XP SP3 is required, which hasn't been installed (unfortunantly said machine has an Asus motherboard, which usually conflicts with service packs). So I'll install that and see where we get to. If anyone does have any other suggestions..... Many thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

This sounds like a problem caused by media sensing in Windows. Hardware not being used is shut down to save energy usage. The simplest thing to try is waking the network card up by plugging it in if it is a wired ethernet card or switching on the wireless. If this doesn't work take a look on the Microsoft site where you should find info to turn off media sensing. There is a link to this from the installation guide. Let us know how you get on. Tim

My stand alone just died on me...so i'll have to take a rain check on it for the time being?
Top Tags