cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Problem accessing certain aspects in Thingworx

rkmetz
1-Newbie

Problem accessing certain aspects in Thingworx

I am having a difficult time working on Thingworx with my partner for this project. It seems everything he edits:  mashups, Things, or anything of that sort I can not access it again and I get a error message that I have attached above.  Even if I created it, once he edits and saves I can no longer edit it again. We just started to notice this problem and weren't having any trouble before.

If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Rachel Kmetz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
adrianpet
5-Regular Member
(To:rkmetz)

Hi,

This error you receive only when you type a bad combo of username and password. Make sure you pay attention on the username and password since they are both case sensitive, also make sure there aren't any spaces in the password or username(if you copy paste the information there). If none of this helps, you can always ask for another user(he should be admin like you) to reset the password for you. He/she can do that by accessing your account from users and just set a new password by pressing the Change Password button.

Thanks,

Adrian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Aanjan
9-Granite

This seems to be related to permissions. What levels of access/ permissions do you have for both users?

rkmetz
1-Newbie

I do believe it's a permissions problem also. I thought I was one of the admistrators in the group I'm in and so is he. Is there a way for me to look and or change that?

adrianpet
5-Regular Member

Hi,

This is a permission problem. It seems you do no have the "Design Time Permissions" on that entity or on the actual parent. Can you tell me the URL of the cloud instance that you are using? If it is an Academic cloud instance, I can login with Administrator and have a look at this problem. If it is not an Academic cloud instance and I don't have access to it you will need to talk with the actual Administrator so he/she may take a look at the permission level for your user on that entities parent or on the actual "HomeSecurityMotionSensorDemo" entity.

But, as I understand from your post you have this issue with multiple entities on that instance so there has to be something related to the group/organization from which your user is part of. 

Thank you,

Adrian

Aanjan
9-Granite

As Adrian stated in his post, it would be related to Design Time permissions. At the ThingWorx homepage, under Security -> User Groups, you can find the Administrators group. Since it is a system object, it will be hidden by default; so you would have to click on the 'Advanced' button right next to the search bar and click on 'Show System Objects'.

Adding a lot of users to the Administrator group is not a good practice; as it gives complete access to everything. Creating subgroups for different purposes and granting access/ privileges to those specific sections would be the best option, security wise.

rkmetz
1-Newbie

Thank you everyone for your help, I believe I have that one issue resolved and now I am a Admin of the project. When I went to log in this morning another problem has come forward and now I cant get into my account at all! Attached is the Error 500 I'm getting when I put in my name and password. Is there a way to get past this message??

Server Error.PNG

adrianpet
5-Regular Member

Hi,

This error you receive only when you type a bad combo of username and password. Make sure you pay attention on the username and password since they are both case sensitive, also make sure there aren't any spaces in the password or username(if you copy paste the information there). If none of this helps, you can always ask for another user(he should be admin like you) to reset the password for you. He/she can do that by accessing your account from users and just set a new password by pressing the Change Password button.

Thanks,

Adrian

Top Tags