cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Student Version and Vista 64 bit

ptc-2797367
1-Newbie

Student Version and Vista 64 bit

I recently signed up for my first pro/e course at my local Community College. I wanted to purchase a student version for my home pc. Problem is I want to be sure I can run it on my current system. Windows Vista 64 bit. Has anyone tried this? Do I need to do anything special to get it to run?
4 REPLIES 4

Take a look at the system requirements and key features tabs for the student edition on the store page. You'll find this on one of them: Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 Students Editions is only supported on 32-bit Windows platforms.

The reason I asked is I have installed several programs that said only 32 bit compatible and they worked fine. That's why I was wondering if someone has tried this.

I have heard of several people trying this but have not heard of anyone getting it to work. I have heard of people returning it for a refund once they found it didn't work. ProE seems to be one of the exceptions. My guess is because it's not a native windows program. Everytime I've seen someone ask the question the response has been that it's only supported on 32-bit OS. Don't know if they're working on it but maybe the student version of WF5 will be compatible with 64-bit. Wasn't trying to give you hard time for asking.

The Student Edition is only 32-bit enabled. Commercial Pro/ENGINEER is both 64-bit and 32-bit ...we have only released educational editions in 32-bit. With WF 5.0, we will provide both 32 and 64-bit versions of Pro/ENGINEER Education Editions. In the meantime, you should be able to install the Student Edition on your 64-bit OS. Please note: this edition will not utilize the benefits of the 64-bit OS…..extended memory, etc. It will simple be a 32-bit application on your OS. For further assistance please email to - Vali
Top Tags