cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

What is Creo Elements/ProE Being used for

SimonHooker
8-Gravel

What is Creo Elements/ProE Being used for

On my Travels as a Pro/E trainer and head of Technology , I always find it interesting to see how schools are using Pro/E in Design and Technology lessons,

and wondered if anyone would like to share there experinces. And feel free to post some pictures.

For example Pupils start at our school aged 13 Year 9 and have a introduction to Pro/E looking at designing a Mobile Phone and Packaging.

this is designed to allow them to understand the basic features so that they have a good grounding of the software to use  towards there GCSE's

Year 10 Graphics, Resistance Materials and Systems/Electronics continue to build on there knowledge and understanding of the software buy using it as a design tool and not an after thought.

so by year 11  they can use the software to help solve there design problems by creating innovative Design Solutions.

So which some pupils just couldn't draw by hand. This trend is then continued in to the 6th form.

Of course all this can only work with a broad curriculum and support from staff and training materials/tutorials that pupils can access.

Thought Please.

1 REPLY 1

I see lots of approaches.

In the US, STARBASE have chiildren age 10 and in just one hour they design a vehicle for a mission, use Creo Elements/Pro to assemble a set of parts, place their design against a backdrop image and render the scene with their name.

Many schools teach just the skills needed for each project while others have a CAD class just like the technical drawing lessons I had many years ago!

The important thing is building capability progressively until higher level expertise develops.

Top Tags