cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

WildFire 4 student edition problem

ZetianWang
1-Newbie

WildFire 4 student edition problem

Hello: I just bought a WF 4 student edition and encounter a strange problem during the installation and runing: I used ipconfig/all to find my computer physic IP address and the result was: XXXXX and I used this number to got license file from PTC. During the installation, I found the host ID shown on the pro/e set up screen was: XXXXX. the first two digit didn't match. 02 vs 00. after the installation and when it start to run, I got the error message "invalid host". can anyone give me some help? why pro/e can't find correct Ip address? Thanks for your help. Zetian
4 REPLIES 4

I would suggest contacting PTC Technical Support to see what they say. From looking on the internet, valid HostID's must begin with either 00 or 08, all others are seen as invalid. Here is the link I found: http://www.ptc.com/olm/ist1071/ist1071.htm

Kevin: Thanks for your reply, this is Dell workstation and i don't know why this happen. it is difficulty to get PTC tech support for student version. I called them and let a message. Thanks again. Zetian

Zetian Just a quick tip: never ever put your IPCONFIG information on public boards/forums (like this one here), except for maybe a case of an extreme emergency and only at your own risk! This sensitive information can be used against you and/or your computer, thus try sharing it only with trusted third parties (e.g. with an official PTC support technician) or not sharing it at all!

Thanks Zetian, for your ema8il. Please send an email to -. They will be able to help you. BTW....I have removed your HOSTID from the post. Thanks Gio for your comments. mark
Top Tags