When connected to a school network, when registering the Windchill server, we get the error "Invalid server location. Please change the "Location" field and try again."
This computer has been recently connected to Windchill and I can connect this in an external browser.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for the feedback Scott. This one's throwing me for a loop. I just wiped out the cache on a student machine and re-registered successfully.
Unfortunately, my work machine is still locked out. I've seen funky things happen on this network before, I'm just surprised that my browser works, but not the embedded browser.
There can be several reasons for this error. Most commonly, this can be the solution:-
1. Refer Article- CS185244 and CS174534.
2. Check for environment variable PTC_WF_ROOT and path %APPDATA%/PTC/Creo/Platform/<CPA_Version>
3. For creo integration with windchill:-
4. Register new server, give any name and Server Url:- server ip address/Windchill
5. Please make sure that PTC-PLMServerAgentManager is installed at first. If not install it, It will be available as addon in creo installation file
Did someone figure this out? I'm facing exactly the same problem. Would be really greatful if someone could tell me how to fix this. I literally tried every possible thing I could think off.
Can you please explain more about the issue?
Are you attempting to access the project set for a team by PTC? Are you attempting to access the school Windchill?
Where exactly are you having issues? Is this the first time when you use Windchill from Creo? Creo version.....
Sorry my bad. So currently im using Creo 5.0. Creo is working and I have no problems with the liscence. However, when I try to register the Windchill server under "server management", it fails to connect when I click "check" and then I am asked to check the server location. It says: "Invalid server location. Please change the "Location" field and try again."
I know the URL is correct as it is working for my coworkers. I can access Windchill through Internet Explorer on my laptop also. I installed Creo over and over again and tried it multiple times. I always made sure to uninstall it completely before reinstalling it.
I've tried researching this issue and the only solution I came across involved deleting the cache which I have done several times.
This should work:
1. delete the Cache:
2. with Creo closed, browse on your computer to C:\Users\##yourUserName##\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire and delete the .wt folder
3. Make sure that the server has HTTPS:// in front of the link and also make sure that the link ends in Windchill (Capital W and NO /app)
thanks alot for your efforts and for taking the time to help. Unfortunately I tried it the way you explained and I still recieve the same error message. I really dont know what the problem is.