cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Windows 7 home premium software

ptc-5192897
1-Newbie

Windows 7 home premium software

Can Creo 2.0 still be used on our home computer with this software or do we not have the right requirements. Downloaded it but it won't run.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Ben,

You should be able to run Creo on Windows 7 home premium. If you have any errors, you can fill out a support request form here:

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/forms/index.jsp?&im_dbkey=142574&icg_dbkey=482

Regards,

Mike

Hi I was also wondering how to fix a shortcut to it as well. The shortcut came up on our desktop just fine, and everything was dandy, until I tried to click the shortcut. It did absolutely nothing. No error message or anything, I'd click it, and my cursor would have the little loading circle for about a second then it would disappear, and nothing would happen. Thanks

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-5192897)

Is the command in the Start Menu working properly? If so, you can simply drag that to the desktop to make a new shortcut. Not sure why the original shortcut is not working. If the Start Menu command is not working, there is a bigger problem.

ptc-5192897
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

No, the start menu command doesn't work either, what should I do, it does the same thing, little circle for a second, then does nothing.

The behavior being described here is typical of an incomplete install. You can do two things to see if that is the problem:

1. After you start Creo, see if there is an xtop.exe process running. If it does not run, you probably have an incomplete installation.
  2. Check the size of your C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files and C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Parametric folders. They should be approximately 3.10 GB and 122 MB respectively.

An incomplete installation typically result from installations using the old webinstall or from not disabling anti-virus and spyware applications.

If after starting Creo you don't see Creo but the xtop.exe process is running, this is probably a graphics issue.

Top Tags