cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

configuration .bat file has wrong directory defined

jjarvisva
1-Newbie

configuration .bat file has wrong directory defined

Mark and PTC Academic Support,

I was installing the configuration files for Creo 2.0 M070 and noticed the cmd exe had the wrong path defined for looking for *.ui file. The file is not located in the \text folder, rather it's located in the C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M070\creo_standards\config_files_schools folder. See attached images. Need to fix the configure_for_schools.exe

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:jjarvisva)

Hi Jon,

The batch file is actually working as intended for the most part. All the file is supposed to do is take various other files that are stored in the creo_standards folders and place them elsewhere. For example the UI file is stored in the config_files_schools folder but it is moved by the batch file to text.

That said, we don't want it to prompt the user to choose if the UI file is a file or folder. I've rewritten the batch file in a way that should fix it, but I am unable to test myself. I'm not quite sure what could be causing the issue on your computer but not mine.

If you would like to give it a try i've attached 2 new batch files that should fix it. Can you try 1 first and then 2? Just move them into the creo_standards folder next to the configure_for_schools.bat. You'll know it was successful if you open PTC Creo Parametric and you have the schools tab.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:jjarvisva)

Hi Jon,

The batch file is actually working as intended for the most part. All the file is supposed to do is take various other files that are stored in the creo_standards folders and place them elsewhere. For example the UI file is stored in the config_files_schools folder but it is moved by the batch file to text.

That said, we don't want it to prompt the user to choose if the UI file is a file or folder. I've rewritten the batch file in a way that should fix it, but I am unable to test myself. I'm not quite sure what could be causing the issue on your computer but not mine.

If you would like to give it a try i've attached 2 new batch files that should fix it. Can you try 1 first and then 2? Just move them into the creo_standards folder next to the configure_for_schools.bat. You'll know it was successful if you open PTC Creo Parametric and you have the schools tab.

Thanks!

Top Tags