cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

creo 3.0 crashes

myzh
3-Visitor

creo 3.0 crashes

had been using creo for some time now, but recently the program keeps crashing without warning. have tried to reinstall everything but the crashes still happen. there's no message for this sudden crashing, other than on start up again, it just states that creo was not closed properly. is there a fix for this?

8 REPLIES 8
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:myzh)

Hi,

what operating system is installed on your computer ? Is it Windows 10 ? If this is the case, then you have to install latest Windows update mentioned in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4018124/windows-10-update-history page. It is KB4034674, currently.

Martin Hanák

hi, yes its windows 10, im currently on "Windows 10 Version 1607" as this is the latest update i have for my laptop...i dont have the update as mentioned in that link. 

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

try removing data from user profile.

• open Windows Explorer
  • enter %APPDATA% into its address field
  • rename/remove PTC subdirectory
  • launch Creo 3.0

Martin Hanák

hi, i've tried the above mentioned method. sad to say, this method does not work as well...

guess i'll have to wait for the latest windows 10 update before trying again.

thanks

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

next tip ... add following option at the end of config.pro file.

graphics  win32_gdi

Martin Hanák

hi

thanks for the prompt reply.

tried adding the graphics line to the end of the config.pro, still facing the same issue

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Last tip: Login as different user and start Creo. Create new users for this test - user from User group and user from Administrator group.

Martin Hanák

hi

really thought it would work this time round,

user from user group lasted slightly longer than user from administrator group, but the end result was still the same, same crashing/termination.

thanks

Top Tags