cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

floEFD Problem

EmilyFeuka
1-Newbie

floEFD Problem

I am also having troubles with floEFD, but in a different way. I have floEFD and all it's components on my computer, along with the ProE software that works absolutely wonderfully and that I have been using for the past week or so. The only problem I had, while following the floEFD tutorial video, was connecting the two programs in the way that was described: Tools, Options, then adding the protk.dat file. For some reason, the box that I'm supposed to type 'protkdat' in is blocked with a blue highlight that doesn't allow any text to be typed. The only way that I can add the file is to change the "Showing" location from the file location(which by the way, if it helps, is C:\Program Files\ProENGINEER Schools Edition\text\config.pro) and to change it to "Current Session". Furthermore, when I change to "Current Session", there seems to be no effect whatsoever in the program itself, although I can see the protk.dat file being added on the Options window with a little lightening bold next to it. I have confirmed that I have M092 version of ProENGINEER, and I have deleted and redownloaded the floEFD files once already. I hope that we'll be able to sort this out so we may test our aircraft. Thanks for the help, Emily
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Emily, Please send me your contact info so I can help resolve this issue. My email address is -. I can connect to your machine and make sure things are working. Thanks, Mark

We ran into this same problem. It seems to only appear in Windows 7 (though it may also occur in Vista). Though you may be a user with admin privileges, Windows 7 does not start the program as if you were a privileged user. You need to right-click the program icon and select Run as administrator (or the equivalent). You will then find the fields available for you to enter the appropriate information.
Announcements
Top Tags