cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

how to identify a PTC CREO Educ file VS Pro file

Ronan
13-Aquamarine

how to identify a PTC CREO Educ file VS Pro file

hello,

I'm running a mapkey on all PRT files of a DATA base.

there are several educative files in the folders, and when the mapkey try to open this kind of object, it crashes instead of going to the next.

I would like to exclude by deleting this educ files, but I don't know how to identify a PRT Educ file compared to a PRT Professional file.

is there a code behind the file?

R.

3 REPLIES 3
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Ronan)

Hi,

create mapkey that opens all part files and then analyze trail file. Trail file will contain error messages belonging to educ files.

MH

Martin Hanák
Ronan
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

well, that's an idea, thank you Martin!

I hoped there is a "simplest" way of the kind looking inside the PRT file a code that precise it's an educ file or not.

when you open a PRT file with a text editor, you can find several informations like the CREO version or the common name; I thought it also was the version type.

I forget to precise I'm talking about 20.000 files, so it's faster to find and suppress it in a command dos than a CREO mapkey and then analyse the trail!

R.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Ronan)

Hi,

so you have 20.000 files. I suggest you to:

1. create trail file that opens 1 file and exits Creo session
  2. create script which generates 20.000 trail files based on sample trail file mentioned in step 1. Every trail file opens single part.
  3. create script which contains following 20.000 commands ... PATH\parametric.bat  PATH\trail_file_nnnnn.txt  ... where 00001 <= nnnnn <= 20000
  4. run this script and you will get 20.000 trail files
  5. locate trail files containing error message ... they contain names of educ parts

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags