cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

looking for screw CAD library

ysheffer
1-Newbie

looking for screw CAD library

Hey,

I am looking for a CAD library of screws of different types for our team's modeling, in order to save time on modeling every screw. Does anyone here uses something like this or know how to find one?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

There has object library where you can find the screws and the same can be downloded from PTC website.

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:jsarkar)

Hi Jayanta,

I just checked Creo 2.0 academic edition and I don't see any standard hardware. Could you point us in the general direction?

Same for the PTC website, can't find a thing.

Yarden, we have been doing this on Windchill for quite a few years and have most of the standard stuff. Much of it is already in the KOP...which gets better each year.

Is your team using Windchill yet? I'm hopeful that we'll get PTC to create a read-only library for things like the KOP and hardware, that way we don't have to bother with downloading and we wouldn't have 5 copies of the same CIM motor. I know they're short on resources, but we can hope!

jsarkar
1-Newbie
(To:JoshH)

Hi Joshua,

I downloaded the library parts from ptc.com>support>order or download software updates>release wildfire> library database> basic library. Download and install it. Hopefully it helps.

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:jsarkar)

Thank Jayanta, I got it.

From what I can tell, those models are junk. Bad modeling practices, cryptic naming conventions, no materials applied and some even have the first feature as an extrude instead of a datum. I wouldn't wish these things on anybody.

Yarden may have more of a challenge since it requires to be on a current maintenance agreement. I'm guessing not all FIRST robotics teams or even academic users have access to this Library.

ChadM
1-Newbie
(To:ysheffer)

I find the easiest way to get accurate screw models is downloading step files from mcmastercarr.com. They have an impressive CAD library of all types of fasteners.

Top Tags