cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mathcad Prime 3.0 X-Y Plot "Plotting Failed"

ptc-5481293
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 3.0 X-Y Plot "Plotting Failed"

Hi,

I am working on this worksheet, and I cannot get Mathcad to plot my equation. I get the following error: "Plotting Failed. Replace complex values and NaNs by real numbers."

I am not using any complex values and I shouldn't have any NaNs unless their is a syntax issue.

I have looked through many resources, and I haven't found a solution to this seemingly simple problem.

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:ptc-5481293)

As Mike already pointed out you have some unit problems in your gain function.

Have you ever evaluated gain() for a sibgle value of s? Sure not, so try it now.

The first unit mismatch is highlighted in the picture below. The fraction yield Ohm but the summand 1 is unitless.

Next problem may be that the green summand yields 1/sec^2 and so should the first summand.

1.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I think the problem is with your gains function.

Break it down and change the unit compatibility.

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

As Mike already pointed out you have some unit problems in your gain function.

Have you ever evaluated gain() for a sibgle value of s? Sure not, so try it now.

The first unit mismatch is highlighted in the picture below. The fraction yield Ohm but the summand 1 is unitless.

Next problem may be that the green summand yields 1/sec^2 and so should the first summand.

1.png

Announcements

Top Tags