Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Components and Controls

Opal

Extra Components and Controls

Here's a useful collection of scripted components and controls. They allow you to do things in Mathcad that are otherwise difficult or impossible. These also serve as examples for someone that wants to write their own. I wrote some of these, but not all of them.

See also here for functions for date and time handling that are based on scripted components:

Date Calendar and Time functions.mcd

See also here for how to save the state of controls and scripted components:

Saving the state of controls.zip

Updates:

Versions 2 through 10: Various things I didn't bother to tell anyone about

Version 11, Jan 04 2011: Added a button to execute a series of shell (a.k.a. DOS) commands. There was already a function for this, but not a button.

Version 13, Feb 28 2013. Added scrolbars and sliders that can be either linear or logarithmic.

Version 14, Nov 14 2014. Improved the dynamically filled listboxes to take a scalar input for a single element list.

Richard

25 REPLIES 25

Re: Extra Components and Controls

Get runtime error when opening.

Which version of Mathcad are you using?

Does it give an error immediately you open it, or only when you scroll down to a certain point?

Mine automatically crashes when opening. Using Mathcad 14.

Just to be clear, it's the Mathcad file, not the zip file, that is the problem, correct?

I just uploaded the same file to the Collab. Could you try downloading it from there and let me know if it's OK.

http://collab.mathsoft.com/~Mathcad2000/read?135147,12

Have just downloaded from the Collab with the same result - Runtime error upon opening.

OK. Thanks. A few more questions:

Which flavor of Mathcad?

When you open it you should get a message asking if you want to disable the scripted objects. Does it get this far when opening? If so, what happens if you disable all the components?

Mathcad Version 14, It does not get to the message about scripted objests.

Which version of 14?

Apologies, Mathcad, version 14.0.0.163 [build 701291152]