cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Graph (Variable ratio)

ldante
11-Garnet

Graph (Variable ratio)

What is wrong with my variable ratio please help me.  I attached the Prime 3.1   file for you to correct my mistake   . I would like to make a graph like what I attached below. I appreciate your full support in advance  . Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

Oh, and if you really want beta/epsilon on the horizontal axis. In Mathcad it can be done:

Don't know if this can be done in Prime...

Luc

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ldante)

You have an x as well as the ratio beta/epsilon. According to your documentation x=beta/epsilon.

Your functions should need a single parameter: x only. 

Then you get:

Note that there's an erro in the definition of K.L for the case A. The second condition should read X>=12.1 instead of x<= 12.1, because that situation is (partly) covered by the first condition. And the fact that K.L should be 1 when x<7 is not specified, but graphed.

I think you can complete your work now.

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Oh, and if you really want beta/epsilon on the horizontal axis. In Mathcad it can be done:

Don't know if this can be done in Prime...

Luc

ldante
11-Garnet

Luc  thank you I maked in prime 3.1 like this

ldante
11-Garnet

One more thing what is the shortcut of variable ratio in prime 3.1 ? I just copy and paste the b/e  in my other reference . CTR+Shift + k is not working in prime 3.1

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I'm afraid it does not exist (yet) in Prime. Wonder if it will ever be supported.

Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Ah, one last thing.

Mathematically we did one thing wrong (I started, I'll take the blame): what happens in your function if x exactly equals 12.1. I think the second test should be "X>12.1".

Luc

ldante
11-Garnet

This maybe be a mistake from the reference book. because the graph is not similar as it shown in they  figure.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Obviously an error in the reference. It should read x>12.1

Luc had shown the correct curve in his first reply.

Actually the jount is not exactly at 12.1 but rather 133/11, approx. 12.09

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I had noted that already here: Re: Graph  (Variable ratio)

The "Ah, one last thing" remark.

Luc

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Lex Dante wrote:

One more thing what is the shortcut of variable ratio in prime 3.1 ? I just copy and paste the b/e  in my other reference . CTR+Shift + k is not working in prime 3.1

There is another way of doing it. Begin with double quotations marks to start a string, type "a/b" and then delete the quotes. Voila, you can create variable names with special characters that way, similar to Ctrl-Shift-K in real Mathcad.

ldante
11-Garnet
(To:Werner_E)

This  double quotations marks to start a string, type "a/b" and then delete the quotes. worked in Mathcad prime 3.1

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Lex Dante wrote:

This  double quotations marks to start a string, type "a/b" and then delete the quotes. worked in Mathcad prime 3.1

Maybe I should have stated more clearly that this method ONLY works in Prime - it does not work in Mathcad (15 or below).

Top Tags