cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Help me please, Divided by zero

kkhaikrut
1-Newbie

Help me please, Divided by zero

Error message "This expression is divided by zero.It cannot be computed"

Thanks very much

Regards,

Kitkaseam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Still not sure what kind of help you need. See attached filed.

But I think for the basics of Mathcad you should go into the documentation, look at the program help and you may find some useful tutorials on the PTC website.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

What kind of help do you expect?

The definition of qd cycles through j (0..5) and tries to evaluate for every j. Beginning from j=1 both c[j and b[j are zero, so the difference of both is zero, too, and therefore is no valid denominator.

BTW, I don't think you wantqb etc. be nested vectors, so you should omit the index j in the definition.

But even if you omit the index j in the expression which throws the error it will fail. There is no such thing as a vector division an dtherefore Mathcad will treat an expression where a fraction has a vector as nominator and denominator as if it woul be vectorized - it will devide each element of the one vector to the corresponding element of the other. So the vector in te denominator would not be allowed to contain a single zero.

Werner Exinger wrote:

What kind of help do you expect?

The definition of qd cycles through j (0..5) and tries to evaluate for every j. Beginning from j=1 both c[j and b[j are zero, so the difference of both is zero, too, and therefore is no valid denominator.

BTW, I don't think you wantqb etc. be nested vectors, so you should omit the index j in the definition.

But even if you omit the index j in the expression which throws the error it will fail. There is no such thing as a vector division an dtherefore Mathcad will treat an expression where a fraction has a vector as nominator and denominator as if it woul be vectorized - it will devide each element of the one vector to the corresponding element of the other. So the vector in te denominator would not be allowed to contain a single zero.

Can you explain in work sheet,Please?

Thank you very much

Regards,

Kitkaseam

But I think for the basics of Mathcad you should go into the documentation, look at the program help and you may find some useful tutorials on the PTC website.

Werner Exinger wrote:

Thank you very much so much for suggests and work sheet

Regards,

Kitkaseam

Top Tags