cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How can activate my licence if I change my hard drive?

caguilar
1-Newbie

How can activate my licence if I change my hard drive?

Hi, I changed my hard drive, so now  I want to activate my licence of Mathcad but a message say that I've already reach the maximum number of licences. What can I do?

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:caguilar)

> What can I do?

The license is bound to the MAC adresse of the network interface card of your machine. So changing the harddrive makes it not necessary to get a new license file.

If you still have access to your old drive you should copy the license file (usually license.dat in the licenses subdirectory in the installation folder of Mathcad) from your old drive to the new one. Guess you already installed Mathcad there. When the license manager moans about the missing license, point it to that license file.

If you don't have access to your old drive you have to contact PTC support as the product number you probably used in your first installation is valid only for a limited number of times (1 or 2, depending on the type of the license).

What type of licensing are you using for Mathcad ("locked" or "floating")?

Announcements

Top Tags