cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IsScalar

Highlighted

Re: IsScalar

Stuart Bruff wrote:

The coded message puts a meme into the observor's mind that makes them look for meaning. Another common symptom is wondering how an antenna works in terms of quantum mechanics/photons.

Oh yeah, way too late, then. I actually am embarking on an effort to look at ghost imaging, entanglement, non-locality, weak measurements, etc.

TTFN

Hello Stuart !

Nice to see you back in the jungle.

"AFAICT, as Richard says, a 'range variable' is neither a scalar nor an array. It is a variable that contains a 'range definition'. Mathcad treats the variable differently according to where the range variable is located. Very roughly, ... "

The three of us are saying the same thing, in different words. I was trying at disambiguation for the cases of the error message. The This is not a scalarerror message is not even listed ! at least for last 10 years since my first Mathcad 8 pro. The matter is to help the readers of this thread and the recovery from the search tag. The variable range is in term of Mathsoft an operator but a very powerful operator, even a state logic operator (sort of), all for best using the power of Mathcad ... clearly then, like you say Richard is saying a 'range variable' is neither a scalar nor an array, simply an operator associated with all meanings of this operator. In that dscussion, you take the gravel road to Rome [Richard too, maybe more collabs], I take the TGV and wait for you at the fountain ... one day you arrive ...Hello collabs !

Jean

Highlighted

you take the gravel road to Rome [Richard too, maybe more collabs], I take the TGV

I have a very fast donkey!

horse30.gif

Announcements