cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Issue resolved "Mathcad 15 exits when trying to use "Given-Find" solve block"

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Issue resolved "Mathcad 15 exits when trying to use "Given-Find" solve block"

Some time ago, there was a problem with the use of "Given-Find" solve block (I can not find this theme in forum). In an attachment, you can find a document with a solution to this problem from the PTC's technical support.

Pic_1.png

Pic_2.png

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:VladimirN)

VladimirN. wrote:

Some time ago, there was a problem with the use of "Given-Find" solve block (I can not find this theme in forum). In an attachment, you can find a document with a solution to this problem from the PTC's technical support.

1) This "solution" was already posted by MihaiMoraru and me just a few hours after the question was posed in July 2013 in that very thread you mentioned. So I am confused how it comes that it took PTC tech support more than a year just to come up with that very same "solution" and post it to you. I guess you opened a support call at that time?

Here is the thread: http://communities.ptc.com/message/210427#210427

2) This is no solution at all, its just a (depending on the circumstances) very cumbersome workaround. Mathcad's symbolics really should deal better with vector elements and should in any case not throw that confusing and misleading error (which it still does so its still a bug).

Yes, I created a new case for tech support and new SPR was filled (severity: high).

Announcements

Top Tags