I've installed Mathcad 15.0 (M010 [MC15_M010_20110622]) on my PC which recently has been migrated to windows 7 Enterprise (Version 6.1, Build 7601: Service Pack 1) and I can't get rid of some issues.
1. If I place a X-Y-Plot (or any other plot) on a (new) worksheet and try to change the traces format (via context menue -> Format -> Traces) I can not see the list of traces, just some empty space on the dialog window.
If I select another tab within the Formatting window then Mathcad freezes. An arror message occures ("Warning: An internal error has occurred. Please save your work and exit.") and I have to kill Mathcad with Windows' task manager.
2. Range variables behave strange. I can define them and use them for calculations. But if I want to see the values (e.g. 'x=') then there are only two placeholders shown.
I've alread repaired and reinstalled Mathcad. I also tried to start the installation by "Run as administrator" and I also "Mathcad15WixInstaller.msi" only.
No success so far.
Can anybody give some further suggestions please?
Solved! Go to Solution.
On the PC following programs (from Microsoft) should be installed also (data from "Mathcad Requirements"):
• Microsoft.NET Framework® 3.5 or later.
• MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK (this exact version of MSXML is required).
• Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 or later.
Thanks for the hint.
Currently I have the following versions installed:
However I would expect a more specific error message if there is a package missing.
No. I just listed the versions of the packages I've got installed from the beginning.
Nothings has been changed.
The problems still occur.
Try to contact with PTC's tech support by using "Mathcad Support Center":
The latest version of MC15 is M020, not the M010 version you are using.
Are you sure about that??
As far as i am aware of the latest revisions are: MC14 M035, MC15 M010, MC P2 M010
The latest download is MC15-M10 (verified last Friday). I'd need to speak to corporate IT to see if M20 is available as I do not have subscription access.
OK. Finally I found someone within our organization who was able to provide the appropriate software update.
Version M010 fixed the issues I described!
Thank you very much for your valuable support.