cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mathcad Prime 4.0 & Legacy .mcd / .xmcd files

GSPme
3-Visitor

Mathcad Prime 4.0 & Legacy .mcd / .xmcd files

All our mathcad files are in the Mathcad 15 format (i.e. .mcd and .xmcd)

However at my new company we want to purchase a Mathcad 15 licence, but on the PTC website only Prime 4.0 is available.

If i buy the Prime 4.0 licence, shall i get Mathcad 15.0 too ? As i understand prime and mathcad 15.0 are not 100% compatible.

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:GSPme)

Yes. You buy Prime ( the c...) and get Mathcad 15 ( the cream) for free. That is, you may have to download it from the PTC website, and install it, but you use the same license as you use for Prime.

To download Mathcad 15:

http://download.ptc.com/products/mathcad/trial/mc15/Mathcad15_EN.zip

If you want to translate the Mathcad 15 files to Prime, you definitely have to have Mathcad 15 installed, because it is used in the process. Depending on the complexity you use in the Mathcad sheets, you may have alot of correction work on the converted files.

Note that there is no tool to translate Prime files back to Mathcad (.mcd or .xmcd) files. Also Prime 4 cannot save files readable in Prime 1, 2, 3 or 3.1.

Anyway,  Success!
Luc

P.S.

Ah, you could even decide to not install Prime at all, just Mathcad 15...

GSPme
3-Visitor
(To:LucMeekes)

Thanks ..

Top Tags