cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

My clock

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

My clock

Cl0ck.png

5 REPLIES 5

Funny you post this now...

Russia is very fortunate to be on permanent standard time and not have to change the clocks multiple times a year!

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

multiple times a year?

How much?

Two times pro year in Russia in past. Now 0 times!

One idea - Do not turn the knob of the watch, but simply turn its dial, as shown on my watch above.

Twice a year; once in March and once in November. ~16 years ago the United States decided to go on a different Daylight Saving schedule than the European Union, which makes setting up any meetings or collaboration with people in Europe very complicated for those weeks. Europe has the last Sunday of March to the last Sunday of October. America has the second Sunday of March to the first Sunday in November.

For me, it's actually four times a year, because the alarm clock in my bedroom was manufactured before 2005 and programmed before America changed when we observe DST. The manufacturers never anticipated that DST would be changed, so they have the clock automatically changed by an hour on the old dates and this isn't a setting I can turn off. That means I need to revert the automatic change, and then re-implement that time change when it actually happens. (Or the other way around in March.)

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

@ValeryOchkov wrote:

Cl0ck.png

Do you think maybe this "ORIGIN" subthread should be moved to this thread?

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/ORIGIN/m-p/757119#M198134

Stuart

Announcements

Top Tags