cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Phase of a Transfer Function

wfnordy
1-Newbie

Phase of a Transfer Function

Hi,

I am new to Mathcad, and I am using Mathcad prime 3.0. I need to plot the phase of my transfer function and am lost where to start. Here is what I have. Phase 1.PNGPhase 2.PNGPhase 3.PNGPhase 4.PNG

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:wfnordy)

transfer function.jpg

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:-MFra-)

I was not aware that "arg" and even "Re" and "Im" are considered "Premium" features.

But you can create your own function using "atan2" and the complex conjugate, as they are not premium:

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

"was not aware that "arg" and even "Re" and "Im" are considered "Premium" features."

Ah, I reported that a year ago Re: Plotting/calculating transfer functions.

Thanks for the tip on arg().

Luc

LucMeekes wrote:

"was not aware that "arg" and even "Re" and "Im" are considered "Premium" features."

Ah, I reported that a year ago Re: Plotting/calculating transfer functions.

I am pretty sure I read that back then, but ...

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:wfnordy)

I't usually better to attach the Prime file (along with any pictures). To attach the Prime file use the Action => edit entry ( lower left corner of your post) and then you will see an Attachment option at the lower left side of the edit window.

So, I see a lot of definitions and functions, but which is the transfer function that you want to plot the phase of?

Luc

I won't retype all your expression, so here is just a small example including grid lines.

Attached file is in Format Prime 3.1

Top Tags