cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

problem with integration

Peter*
1-Newbie

problem with integration

Hi, I would like some advice on a problem I am having with integration using the Evaluate Symbolically command. When I apply this command to equation (9) in the attached file, I get the result of the first integral. However when I apply the command to that result I just get a repeat of the result; I don't get the result given in the article I got the equations from (see equation (10) in the attached file).

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Peter*)

It can solve the indefinite integral, so you will have to substitute the limits yourself.

Since it can solve the indefinite integral I don't know why it can't solve the definite integral, but this is not the first time I have seen this problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Peter*)

It can solve the indefinite integral, so you will have to substitute the limits yourself.

Since it can solve the indefinite integral I don't know why it can't solve the definite integral, but this is not the first time I have seen this problem.

Richard,

Thanks for your insight into this problem. How do I go about substituting the limits?

Thanks

Well, in Mathcad Prime 2.0 (in which a symbolic math is added), we obtain the same result as in the version of Mathcad 15 M010:

Test_MC15.jpg

Top Tags