cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Subscription Emails Stopped - Suspend Delivery Box Checked

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Subscription Emails Stopped - Suspend Delivery Box Checked

Peter Case‌,

Any idea what would be causing my subscription emails to get automatically suspended?  This is the second time in the last moth or so that I've stopped receiving messages only to see this when I start trying to figure out why:

I assure you, I never selected this preference.  Is this something a tech support engineer might have done?  (They should tell me if they did!)  Is there some automated process that might automatically turn this on?  As soon as I turn it off the emails start flowing again, but I hate losing a couple of days worth of messages before I realize they've stopped again.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PeterCase
16-Pearl
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

We've established the source of the problem. Issue is with a cron job which checks for active maintenance and suspends delivery if active=false. The LDAP service which holds this information was unavailable for part of the job on the night of the 6th Sept, and so delivery to yours, and several other accounts was inadvertently suspended.

Again, we're sorry for this inconvenience.

We're working on re-establishing delivery for all who were affected, and will improve our handling of a failure condition to "suspend the suspending" if a contingent service becomes unavailable.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Before:

After turning it back on:

PeterCase
16-Pearl

Without your password, no member of TS would have been able to modify this setting, but there are is a cron job that runs each day to clean up no longer required notifications and I'm wondering whether there is some combination which could have triggered the rule to fire for you.

Checking your account, the only thing I can see that may have caused a glitch is the addition of "Performance Advisor for PTC ThingWorx" and the removal of the same setting for Integrity Performance Advisor, which happened last Thursday.

I'll share more once I have feedback from the team.

Thanks for reporting this and if other customers reading this were also impacted, please let us know in this thread.

Peter.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:PeterCase)

Just found out mine was suspended too.  Pretty frustrating if nobody knows why this setting is changing for users. 

TomU
23-Emerald IV

@PeterCase,

This just happened again, sometime in the last 24 hours.  I definitely did not change it, and no one else uses my account.

Suspend.PNG

Suspend2.PNG

What in PTC's systems is automatically changing this setting (without my permission and without notifying me)?

PeterCase
16-Pearl

Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear this has happened again. I've escalated the infrastructure case that I opened at the time and asked for a check in audit logs of anything that could have triggered this between the 6th and 7th Sept. So far, this seems to be limited to 2 accounts - yours, and that of a PTC employee (who I've contacted to check if there was a reoccurence).

As a side-note, we are reworking alerts and notifications as part of the Sitecore project, so this (infrequent, but frustrating) problem will likely be resolved as a matter of course.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Guess that makes me special.  Smiley Wink

Any idea what might be causing this to happen?

PeterCase
16-Pearl

Hi Tom,

We've established the source of the problem. Issue is with a cron job which checks for active maintenance and suspends delivery if active=false. The LDAP service which holds this information was unavailable for part of the job on the night of the 6th Sept, and so delivery to yours, and several other accounts was inadvertently suspended.

Again, we're sorry for this inconvenience.

We're working on re-establishing delivery for all who were affected, and will improve our handling of a failure condition to "suspend the suspending" if a contingent service becomes unavailable.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Excellent.  At least now we understand why.  Thanks!

TomU
23-Emerald IV

@PeterCase,

It looks like the problem is back again.  I just noticed that I haven't seen any eNews & Alerts emails for a few days.  Logging into my account shows that delivery is once again suspended.

You will not receive any Subscription Emails as you have checked Suspend Delivery box on Preferences tab. 

This is blatantly false. I did NOT check 'suspend delivery'.  Please fix whatever is turning off my subscriptions without my permission and without notifying me.  Thanks.

Top Tags