cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

eSupport how do I delete accounts for inactive accounts?

tjerome
10-Marble

eSupport how do I delete accounts for inactive accounts?

I manage eSupport access for my users, some of which have left the company. How do I remove these accounts from the eSupport account management list?

Thanks in advance.

am.JPG

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PeterCase
17-Peridot
(To:tjerome)

Hi @tjerome , 

If you click on the username you would like to remove, you should see a "Convert to Basic" option at the bottom of the user details page: 

PeterCase_0-1725551824657.png

This removes the association between the user and your customer number, converting the user to a prospect account with PTC with no access to any paid services. If the user then moves to another company, they can change their details, including email address, and re-upgrade (provided they have their new company's PTC customer number and SCN|SON|Site#) . This way, they are able to retain their interactions as an individual in the PTC Community, as well as any certifications. 

Please let me know if this helps,

Peter. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PeterCase
17-Peridot

Hi @tjerome , 

If you click on the username you would like to remove, you should see a "Convert to Basic" option at the bottom of the user details page: 

PeterCase_0-1725551824657.png

This removes the association between the user and your customer number, converting the user to a prospect account with PTC with no access to any paid services. If the user then moves to another company, they can change their details, including email address, and re-upgrade (provided they have their new company's PTC customer number and SCN|SON|Site#) . This way, they are able to retain their interactions as an individual in the PTC Community, as well as any certifications. 

Please let me know if this helps,

Peter. 

Thank you PeterCase for that suggestion, unfortunately when I click on a user, there is no other action available from that Account Management pane.

The Convert to Basic option is available however when I go into my own account and look at the settings.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I just tried as well.  I see no way to get from the list of employes back to their specifc page where that option exists.

PeterCase
17-Peridot
(To:TomU)

Hi @TomU and @tjerome , 

Checking my reply above I omitted a step (but could see that I had created a box around the Search in the screenshot with the intention to mention it). 

Sorry for creating confusion.

Could you please confirm that when you use the Search you're able to find the user(s) concerned, then with the View/Edit option, the "Convert to Basic" button is visible ? 

Many thanks, 

Peter.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterCase)

Yep, that works!  Thanks!

Thank you PeterCase for that solution it worked.

Announcements

Top Tags