cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

2021-12-16 Friday Humor on Thursday (Sooooo confused......)

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

2021-12-16 Friday Humor on Thursday (Sooooo confused......)

This may be my last post for the year. We'll see how I fare after tomorrow. I am getting a total knee replacement on the right side, so I'll be out of the office until after the first of the year.

Have a blessed Christmas celebrating with your family and friends.

Why do engineers often confused Halloween and Christmas?

Because Oct 31 = Dec 25! 

10 REPLIES 10

Dale,
I hope your surgery goes well and you can return soon and better than before.

In the meantime, best wishes for a Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Marco
olivierlp
Community Manager
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Indeed, All the best to you, @Dale_Rosema 

Olivier
Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:olivierlp)

It is Christmastime....Legos are always part of the holiday scene around my household.  Maybe your household is the same.

Since this is the joke thread of the week, I will continue it.

Prayers for a speedy and easy recovery!

kneereplacement.jpg

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Jaime_Lee)

...or this one....

Dale_Rosema_0-1639667568538.png

"Doctor, doctor...

when I touch my shoulder it hurts,

when I touch my chin it hurts,

when I touch my knee it hurts..."

and the doctor: "but what happened to you!?",

The patient: "I broke my finger!!".

Marco
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I'm sure you will do well.  I know many people who have had knee replacement.  At the top of the advise list, attack the PT!  Those who did it recovered quickly.  Those who didn't had a limited recovery.

kdirth_1-1639669972793.png

I had an idea as to the solution to the joke, but had to google it.  My son, the computer geek, got it immediately.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:kdirth)

Glad you figured it out.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Best of luck with the knee replacement!  I've mostly heard people who say they wish they had done it sooner!

With respect to the joke...

StephenWilliams_0-1639672418864.png

Fortunately google solves all my problems!

Dale,

Get well soon!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Dale,

Best of luck with the knee replacement. My wife had both of hers done in 2020, one in August, the other on December 23. She was home for Christmas. It does help that Dr is also a member of our church and family friend.

I can second that comment on the PT! Attack it hard and stretch the limits. MY wife did on both of hers. Our oldest son (Thanksgiving 2020 TKR) did not and he was still having issues after 5 months. 

Stock up on ICE! We have a cooler that has been modified to recirculate ice cold water around the knee. That helps a lot. 2-3 8 pound bags of ice a day for the first week or so, then 2 bags a day for the next 2-3 weeks. I was buying more ice than milk at the local store for those 4 weeks!

Best of luck on a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. You will feel a lot better before the summer.

Ben

Top Tags