cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

External network users during these times

StephenW
23-Emerald II

External network users during these times

Our NOV IT chief posted this on linkedin about now having more users connected from outside of the network than from within the network.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/while-home-nov-still-powers-industry-world-alex-philips/

network.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:StephenW)

Hi @StephenW   

I just got a chance to REALLY read your post about the network!

Kudos to your company taking measures back in 2016 to be prepared for "such a time as this."

I wonder if anyone else has any "load on the infrastructure"  info or stories to share.

It is interesting to read all the stories from community members sharing their new adventures "working from home" I really liked reading this thread from @CM10  about his first  PC purchase .

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Just a couple of days before my company went to the work from home program, I read a friends facebook post talking about issues with their company's VPN connection not allowing connections due to the massive overload.

I was AMAZED at how well our transition happened.

My biggest problem is I have to carry my desktop equipment back and forth weekly since we are working in the office every other week (manufacturing support requirements). I'll be making that move back to the office today!

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:StephenW)

Weekly!  Now that is a huge pain!  I hope you are using company time to set it up each time 🙂

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Jaime_Lee)

Haha, It's 2 monitors, the desktop box and accessories. It's not horrible but it does take about an hour to tear down, drive home, and setup. 

This week was supposed to be the last week but the company has extended ours at least 2 more weeks, so I'll be tearing down and moving out of the office later today.

I am just thankful to still be working!!! And i'm hoping and praying that the economy can recover quickly. 🤞🙏

Top Tags