cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Masks and such

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Masks and such

My county (Harris County Texas) has implemented a requirement to wear masks when outside the house. Ignoring the politics of this.

The wife and I, went on youtube and made ourselves and some of our family and friends some masks.

To be completely clear, the wife did the skilled work, I cut material and supplies and did a lot of ironing...i ironed the heck out of those masks!!!

masks.png

3 REPLIES 3
Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:StephenW)

I have been keeping a bandanna in my pocket mostly when I feel I need "protection" as masks are more so in MA voluntary but highly recommended . I think when all this blows over we might see masks at public venues as a fashion statement.  You will be prepared!  I like the hot pink one the best.  Has anyone else been busy making masks?

Leigh
Community Manager
(To:StephenW)

Steve,

I love the Day of the Dead masks! Can I place an order????? 

As I see you have some Cowboys masks - any chance you can make some Eagles masks as well????   😂  🤗

My parents now live in New Mexico (previous residents of El Paso, Texas) and their POV:

1. Stay healthy (aka - staying at home)
  2. Make masks (helping their physical Community)

So they spend their days making masks for the Navajo Nation, as well as for first responders and other hard hit groups within their area.

They sent some masks to me in Pennsylvania - which included age/size appropriate masks for my 4 year old son.  At this point, he is SO NOT on board with wearing a mask.  Some of you may laugh, but we are now wearing masks in our home to help normalize the experience for him.   😷  

Granted - the Grinch is off season - but my parents worked with what they had and my son actually took an interest.  Progress!!!

To note - I applaud your ironing efforts.  IMO - no one should underestimate the importance of ironing.  As my grandmother in MN used to tell me - "ironing allows you to work out the wrinkles". 

Interpret as you will!

Cheers to you and your wife on creating/supporting a home based mask supply chain - I can only imagine the sense of satisfaction and achievement you both realize when you ship/share! 

Selfishly - I would be interested in having you and your wife share any feedback you receive from those who have benefited from your work.

Kudos to you and yours!

Best

Leigh

Masks.jpg

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Leigh)

The Grinch mask is perfect!!

I applaud everyone who has filled their time with making masks for donations and to those who are making them to feed the family in this difficult time! 

We made all the masks from material we had on hand at the house. We did have to make a supply run for the tie cords simply because we didn't want to sew the tie cords due time constraints. I do have to say the Dia de los Muertos (day of the dead) mask is also a favorite of mine too but I have to wear my Texas Tech mask to work because we have so many Texas A&M aggies at work. 

There will be NO Philadelphia Eagles fabric in my house!!🤣 My father in law was a die hard cowboys fan so I suspect that fabric was used for something for him.

We've only made maybe 30 or so masks. We are both still working (thankfully) and just decided to help out family members with a couple of extra masks. And it turned out to be a fun exercise!

"ironing allows you to work out the wrinkles"...I love it, you can make that fit any situation!

Top Tags