cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why in creo sketch there are no linear and circular pattern options?

Highlighted

Why in creo sketch there are no linear and circular pattern options?

Dear Creo users,

While doing some complicated sketch don't you think there is a need of linear and circular pattern options in creo sketch? Its true pattern option is given in solid modelling and we can pattern a feature or group of features. In solid works users can pattern inside sketch mode. in creo 3.0 and 4.0 is there any updates on sketch pattern? I am using creo 2.0.

With regards,

Soumya

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted

Re: Why in creo sketch there are no linear and circular pattern options?

There is no pattern function inside sketcher in Core 3.0. As far as I know, the workaround is to make a sketch, and than pattern the whole sketch. As a previous SolidWorks user, I find this very annoying.

Because Creo is not Solidworks

Highlighted

Hi,

in Creo 3.0 and 4.0 you also cannot pattern geometry in Sketcher mode.

MH

Martin Hanák
Highlighted

when do you want to pattern inside a sketch? Seems like you would create an unnecessary complicated sketch? Please enlighten me!

//Tobias

Highlighted

What if you just want to draw a daisy?

Highlighted

This is PTC's strategy to keep sketch as simple as possible, so no linear or circular pattern. Also there is no need to do so. I have used CATIA sketcher, NX sketcher and Solidworks as well, but honestly speaking Creo sketcher is the fastest.

If you need to use linear or circular pattern, you probably want to have a 2D sketch, and Creo is not meant for this purpose.

Highlighted

Complex sketches is one of Creo's strong points.  And I love them.  But Sketch patterns were not a concept for early developers and today, there is no push to add it.  This would be a serious re-write.  Not to mention that the SW version is far from robust.  PTC doesn't do anything unless they have the opportunity to make it 10x what SW would have.

What I really miss is "midplane"... just as a matter of convenience.  That may have other implications to incorporate.

Highlighted

I am probably not expereinced enough Creo user to give a credible opinion on this, but after more than a year of 10 hours per day in Creo, i still find sketching bad. Offset and project sketch specially. The contour is never ever whole, always space -red dots- between lines. Sometimes even on very simple geometry.

Highlighted

when you offset, do you use "single" , "chain" or "loop"?

When using chain or loop, you shouldnt get any "space " between your offsetted lines . (but yes, it can happen)

//Tobias

Announcements
Message from Brian Thompson (PTC General Manager and DVP) regarding Creo Business Continuity plans.