cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

can a fixed length be designated to a spool

kachten
1-Newbie

can a fixed length be designated to a spool

hello,

In the spool you can set a variety of electrical parameters. Be can you set a spool or wire which has a fixed length.

greetings, Koen

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Koenraad...

Rama is totally correct... you can't fix the length of a spool. You can only fix the length of portions of specific wires/cables.

I'm really sorry I haven't been around. But if there are any other questions, please ask and I'll try to keep this email thread tagged so I can respond.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:kachten)

Koenraad,

Maybe Brian will be able to chime in, but I thought I'd link to his presentation and see if you can find the answer to both of your questions there:

http://communities.ptc.com/community/creo/piping-cabling-schematics/blog/2013/07/11/failing-with-style-ninja-cabling-2-draft-presentation

At the end he has a power point you can down load, too!

Thanks, Dale

Hi Keon,

We can fix the length of the wire/bundle (not spool) in 3D harness assembly, but cannot control the length through parameters.

Regards

Ramakrishna

Hi Koenraad...

Rama is totally correct... you can't fix the length of a spool. You can only fix the length of portions of specific wires/cables.

I'm really sorry I haven't been around. But if there are any other questions, please ask and I'll try to keep this email thread tagged so I can respond.

Thanks!

-Brian

Thanks everyone for your input!!!

Greetings, Koen

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags