cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

showing maximum stress of multiple load sets in one result window

cpreßinger
2-Guest

showing maximum stress of multiple load sets in one result window

Hello,

I am wondering if you can show the maximum stress for each element caused by different loads sets. I do not want to superpose the different stress results. My intention is to check the stress in all load sets just at once.

Does anyone have a hint or an idea?

Best regards

1 REPLY 1

I have done something like this in the past, using ascii output files, and let Matlab find the maximum principal stress for several different load sets.

What I have done here is extract the maximum principal stress for each node among several load sets, and then I looked up the minimum principal stress for all load sets, so as to obtain the stress range (max S1-minS3) over a load cycle.

This script works for shell elements, the corresponding stress for solid elements reside in different positions in the output files. So for solid elements, you will need to adjust the code somewhat.

If you don't have matlab, you can use GNU Octave, which is free open source. Octave is almost, but not quite 100% compatible with Matlab. Some modifications of the code could be necessary. 

Extract stress range from several load sets....

Announcements
Top Tags