cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Play specific step of PVI sequence at studio

kpereira
4-Participant

Play specific step of PVI sequence at studio

Hello all, I'm new here.

I'd like to know if there is a Javascript way to play specific step of PVI sequence at studio?

The following line works to play all steps of animation.

$scope.app.params.sequenceURL = "app/resources/Uploades/<name of PVI file>";

angular.element(document.getElementById('model-1')).scope().play();

Instead, I'd like to play only step 2 using JS. Inside this PVI sequence, there is 3 steps.

Thanks in advanced!

Ewerton Moreira

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So tested it and  you right! It does not play for example when I use some other step ... let say step 4.

So tested it some time and  modified and now is working with the followig script:

///////////////
$scope.sequence2 = function () {

//$scope.view.wdg['model-1']['sequence'] = 'app/resources/Uploaded/l-Creo 3D - TestFigure1.pvi';
//reset it only if you want to interrupt a playing step otherwise is not necessarily

$scope.$applyAsync(()=>{angular.element(document.getElementById('model-1')).scope().reset();}); //does not work synchronously //$scope.view.wdg['model-1']['currentStep']=4;
//delay of .5 sec to be sure that all action are done $timeout(function () { $scope.$applyAsync(()=>{$scope.setWidgetProp('model-1', 'currentStep', 4);}); //further delay for a 0.5 sec to be sure that the step is set and then play $timeout(function () {$scope.$root.$broadcast('app.view["Home"].wdg["model-1"].svc.play'); }, 500); }, 500); };

So hope now it will work also on your side! Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Kelson,

There is a specific property for the current step in an animation. you should be able to call it as $scope.view.wdg['model-1']['currentStep']

Then, you can set that equal to 2 if you want to play step 2. After that, you should be able to start playing the animation as you would normally, and it should start on that step, but I'm not 100% certain as I haven't tried it myself.

vxavier
13-Aquamarine
(To:rpalmer)

It doesn't worked for me. Has anyone tried this?

I tried this:

$scope.view.wdg['model-1']['sequence'] = 'Uploaded/l-Creo 3D - Figure2.pvi';

$timeout(function () {

$scope.view.wdg['model-1']['currentStep']=1;

$scope.$root.$broadcast('app.view["Home"].wdg["model-1"].svc.play');

}, 500);

}

But it doesn’t play just the step 1 or 2 every time I call the service.

Hello, 

I think your code is working fine but there are 2 things to change.

1.)(consider this point only if you do not did it already)  upload the pvi file form the pvz to the upload folder - (copy name.pvz to any_name.zip and upload  the file l-Creo 3D - Figure2.pvi to the upload folder )

2.) use instead of 'Uploaded/l-Creo 3D - Figure2.pvi'  this one 'app/resources/Uploaded/l-Creo 3D - Figure2.pvi'

So I tested your script in a project :

///////////////
$scope.view.wdg['model-1']['sequence'] = 'app/resources/Uploaded/l-Creo 3D - TestFigure1.pvi';
  $timeout(function () {
    $scope.view.wdg['model-1']['currentStep']=2;

$scope.$root.$broadcast('app.view["Home"].wdg["model-1"].svc.play');
  }, 500);
};

An it was working fine, The step 2 of the sequnece was started.

2018-06-05_18-22-32.jpg

So step 2 of sequnece "TestFugure1.pvi" was started

2018-06-05_18-33-55.jpg

Still doesn't play the right step animation. It should play every time the same step when I click play, right? It does not do that.

So tested it and  you right! It does not play for example when I use some other step ... let say step 4.

So tested it some time and  modified and now is working with the followig script:

///////////////

//$scope.view.wdg['model-1']['sequence'] = 'app/resources/Uploaded/l-Creo 3D - TestFigure1.pvi';
//reset it only if you want to interrupt a playing step otherwise is not necessarily

$scope.$applyAsync(()=>{angular.element(document.getElementById('model-1')).scope().reset();}); //does not work synchronously //$scope.view.wdg['model-1']['currentStep']=4;
//delay of .5 sec to be sure that all action are done $timeout(function () { $scope.$applyAsync(()=>{$scope.setWidgetProp('model-1', 'currentStep', 4);}); //further delay for a 0.5 sec to be sure that the step is set and then play $timeout(function () {$scope.$root.$broadcast('app.view["Home"].wdg["model-1"].svc.play'); }, 500); }, 500); };

So hope now it will work also on your side! Thanks!

Thank you very much, it worked just perfect. It was the incompatibility with syncronous.

MohsenSedik
4-Participant
(To:vxavier)

If you want to play a specific step out of a specific suquence use the following code:

$scope.PlaySpecificStepSequence = function (num) {
$scope.$applyAsync(() => {
// Reset the widget or perform any necessary initialization
angular.element(document.getElementById('4_Zellenakku_Zusammenbau')).scope().reset();
});

$timeout(function () {
// Set the current step to the specified 'num'
$scope.setWidgetProp('4_Zellenakku_Zusammenbau', 'currentStep', num);
});

$timeout(function () {
// Trigger the playback
$scope.$root.$broadcast('app.view["Home"].wdg["4_Zellenakku_Zusammenbau"].svc.play');
}, 100);
}, 100);
};

Use the function at your button to activate the process.

PlaySpecificStepSequence(3);

Sorry I have corrected the code above, use this one instead:

//CODE-Combination

$scope.PlaySpecificStepSequence = function (sequence, num) {
// Reset the widget or perform any necessary initialization
angular.element(document.getElementById('4_Zellenakku_Zusammenbau')).scope().reset();
});

$timeout(function () {
// Set the sequence
$scope.setWidgetProp('4_Zellenakku_Zusammenbau', 'sequence', sequence);

// Set the current step to the specified 'num'
$scope.setWidgetProp('4_Zellenakku_Zusammenbau', 'currentStep', num);
});

$timeout(function () {
// Trigger the playback
$scope.$root.$broadcast('app.view["Home"].wdg["4_Zellenakku_Zusammenbau"].svc.play');
}, 100);
}, 100);
};

Use that code foryour buttons:

PlaySpecificStepSequence("l-Creo 3D - Abbildung 1.pvi", 1);

Top Tags