After migrating to 9.1, when we check in some assemblies, the dependencies list increases dramatically. (never notice this in our testing) The assembly we discovered this on went form 1463 objects to 16,627 objects. Our dependecy gathering is All depenencies, all drw, all generic, all instance. (YES we need all these for configuration- so please dont tell me otherwise). The assembly is automated and configurable. It is a subcomponent and much larger automated and configurable assemblies. The dependencies seem to look both ways. Not only does it include everything required as it should, but also looks up the at its parents, and then grabs everything there too. PTC has "Kinda" said the dependencies for all are different now. The resultant problem is that our workspaces end containing 23,000 objects, and then we have all kinds of issues from crashing, WC not linking, ect. Has anyone seen the large dependency increase? I realize most peoples are not setup using full automation and pro-programming and this is where you would see the issue. Mark Steffke Engineering System Administrator The Delfield Company Manitowoc Foodservice T 989.775.9215 or 989.773.7981, ext 12484 Integrity, Commitment to Stakeholders, and Passion for Excellence
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.