cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

AMD Firepro Display Driver Crashing Creo Constantly!

bcampbell
1-Newbie

AMD Firepro Display Driver Crashing Creo Constantly!

Hello,

My employer ordered me a new laptop recently and it arrived with an AMD card - apparently these gaming cards are 'approved' for Creo now, but of course it has constant issues. Several times a day I receive the error "display driver has stopped working". Then it recovers, but Creo goes blank and does not recover (and I loose my work). I've tried Dell tech support, updated my Bios, verified and reinstalled the latest AMD drivers... still the same issue. Any ideas or help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Brandon

Computer: Dell Precision M4800 Laptop

CPU: Intel Core i7-4810MQ @ 2.80GHz

Memory: 8 GB

Display Adapter: AMD FirePro M5100 FireGLV    Driver Version: 14.502.1005.1002 (2/25/15)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:bcampbell)

Usually I recommend the latest driver but sometimes it's best to go with the PTC approved driver.

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/162683/en/dell_creo3.pdf

Precision M4800

Windows 7

32 and 64-bit

AMD FirePro 5100

07-Sep-2013

If you still have issues, contact PTC support since they have certified all the hardware.

Thank you Stephen, I'll give this a try!

Brandon, Did the "approved" driver resolve your issue?

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

Brandon Campbell wrote:

AMD card - apparently these gaming cards are 'approved' for Creo now, but of course it has constant issues.

Display Adapter: AMD FirePro M5100 FireGLV    Driver Version: 14.502.1005.1002 (2/25/15)

FirePro is AMDs workstation class card.

Hi Brandon,

I have also had this issue and found the latest driver that works properly with FirePro cards and Creo is 13.352 on Windows 7

A little more info is here but refers mainly to windows 10.

MCAD Central

and

When will AMD release new FirePro drivers? | Community

Hope it helps.

Miles

David_M
5-Regular Member

I find the version 9 driver from 2013 offers the required features and stability for Creo 3. Earlier drivers don't meet Creo 3's requirements. If you have problems with the recommended driver, try that one.

Top Tags