cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Accesing ptcstatus information with VB

dvarkevisser
1-Newbie

Accesing ptcstatus information with VB

Dear all,

To optimize a Visual Basic startup tool I have build (with the help of many many others) I want to know if it is possible to acces licenseserver information with VB?

The customer I work for has 5 different WF1 configurations. This has to do with the different license packages they bought in the past. They have for instance:

- 1 FlexEng licence. This is one "master" license with no aditional licenses (like AAX) with this license you can do surfacing and topdown design tricks (skeletons, publish geoms)

- 1 Foundation advantage with an aditional AAX and aditional Surfaceing Extension.

The 2 packages above have the same functionality but need different startupicons.

With myVB startuptool the user needs to choose which configuration ofWF1 he wants to open.If he chooses a configuration that has been taken by a colleague,WF does not startup and he has to use the VB tool, again, and this time try a different configuration. And this is anoing...

So I want to show a little green light in VB when a configuration is free and show a red light if a licenceconfiguration is taken by someone else. (or grey-out taken licences)

Is this possible? I have seen postsabout programs that log license usage? How do these programs get their input?

Kind regards,

Dennis Varkevisser

+31 6 50 68 01 79
</u>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags