cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Accessory_window_display

amansfield
6-Contributor

Accessory_window_display

I heard about a config option "accessory_window_display" at our regional user group meeting last week that wassupported in Creo 2.0 M100. This is supposed to allow you to have your active workspace browser run outside of the Creo window but remain interactive. This will be tremendously useful to many of my colleagues.

I set the config option to "undocked" but nothing seems to happen. What am I missing here, or have I misunderstood what it is supposed to do?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
amansfield
6-Contributor
(To:amansfield)

I should note that I tried it with IE version 8, which we use as our standard browser and the embedded Mozilla browser as well.

In Reply to Andrew Mansfield:

I heard about a config option "accessory_window_display" at our regional user group meeting last week that wassupported in Creo 2.0 M100. This is supposed to allow you to have your active workspace browser run outside of the Creo window but remain interactive. This will be tremendously useful to many of my colleagues.

I set the config option to "undocked" but nothing seems to happen. What am I missing here, or have I misunderstood what it is supposed to do?

bfrandsen
6-Contributor

This option has to do with the Model Tree / Layer Tree.
[cid:image001.png@01CF6A0E.4E35AA60]

/Bjarne
BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Andrew, I believe the option you want is below. We exprienced some issues with itwhen introduced sodefinetely test it before makingit a global setting for all users. MaybeM100 hasit more stable and reliable.

amansfield
6-Contributor

I should read my own notes better.. it's "web_browser_in_separate_window" and it works as advertised even inthe M090version of Creo

Sorry for the confusion..

amansfield
6-Contributor

Bill:

I'll definitely be testing this out.. Thanks for the heads up.

In Reply to Bill Ryan:

Andrew, I believe the option you want is below. We exprienced some issues with itwhen introduced sodefinetely test it before makingit a global setting for all users. MaybeM100 hasit more stable and reliable.

Top Tags